Preparation time: 20min
- Wash the courgette well, dry and cut into thin slices, it tastes better with a mandoline.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of honey bittersweet, let them marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a frying pan without any oil. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: in a jar with a lid add 4 tablespoons of orange juice, a lightly grated orange zest, honey, salt, black pepper, 3 tablespoons of honey bittersweet, 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 4-5 pine nuts crushed in a mortar.
- Close the lid and shake well until an emulsified sauce is formed.
- Place the slices of courgette in the serving dish, sprinkle with the dressing, add finely shaved Parmesan cheese, some sprouts, calendula petals and the chopped reserved pine nuts
- Accompany with thin toasts or biscotti.
NOTE: The courgette should be uniform and not very thick so that the slices come out in a similar size. There is no need to peel it.
** The dressing should have a slightly bittersweet flavour, so you can add a little more honey or vinegar, to your taste
** Parmesan cheese can be shaved using a fine knife, mandoline or a potato peeler.
** Grated orange zest should only be the coloured part, the white underlayer gives a bitter taste.
** Sprouts are your personal choice, but they should be thin such as those of alfalfa, onion, baby radish…
** Instead of dehydrated petals you can add edible flowers
** 1 dssp = dessert spoon
** tbsp = tablespoon
Original recipe created by Dolorss from the blog Blog de cuina de la Dolorss